Chief Executive Officers of all of the National Banks; All State Banking Authorities; Chairman, Board of Governors associated with Federal Reserve System; Chairman, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation; Director, workplace of Thrift Supervision; Conference of State Bank Supervisors; Deputy Comptrollers (districts); Assistant Deputy Comptrollers; District Counsel; and all sorts of Examining Personnel
The bank that is above-named stated that fictitious cashier’s checks released in the lender’s title but with the routing quantity of Citibank, 022000868 are now being presented for payment nationwide regarding the different online purchase or overpayment schemes.
These products are fictitious, as Simmons First nationwide Bank doesn’t issue cashier’s checks. Checks offered to date were made payable in varying quantities from $2,000 to $180,000 that can incorporate a bank distinguishing quantity on the MICR type of 565501 or 565602. As a result of feasible variants to look at regarding the bank’s formal things and frauds, it’s advocated that officials of Simmons First nationwide Bank be contacted to confirm authenticity of any regarding the bank’s formal products, if gotten from an unknown or source that is questionable.
A number of the fictitious instruments are being distributed as re re re payment for properties rented through the online. The victim that is potential get a fake sign in re re re re payment of an offer marketed on the web; nonetheless, the total amount of the check is going to be for a better quantity compared to agreed-upon cost. The victim that is potential instructed to cash the check at their bank and wire the difference out from the nation. Other checks that are fictitious being distributed as re re payment for big buck products bought through the Web. These deals are focusing on businesses such as for example big gear and vehicle dealers.
For extra and also to confirm the authenticity of Simmons First nationwide Bank’s formal things, please contact Lulu Mitchell, Vice President, Branch management, 501 principal Street, Pine Bluff, AR 71601, by phone at (870) 541-1191, by fax at (870) 850-1154, or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Customers whom get fake or fictitious things and connected material should file complaints with all the after agencies, as appropriate:
- U.S. Department associated with Treasury, workplace of Inspector General (OIG): by phone at (800) 359-3898 or by going to the OIG internet site.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC): by phone at (877) FTC-HELP or, for filing a problem electronically, through the FTC’s web site.
- National Consumers League (NCL): by phone at (202) 835-3323 or by e-mail. To register a fraudulence problem, look at the NCL fraudulence site.
- Bbb (Better Business Bureau): The Better Business Bureau system acts areas throughout Canada, Puerto Rico, additionally the united states of america and may be the marketplace frontrunner in advancing trust between organizations and customers. The website provides email address for regional BBBs, objective reports on a lot more than 2 million organizations, customer scam alerts, and recommendations on a multitude of topics which help customers find trustworthy organizations and work out purchasing that is wise.
- Federal Bureau of research Web Crime Complaint Center (to report frauds that will have originated through the internet).
- If communication is gotten through the U.S. Postal provider, contact the U.S. online payday loans in Massachusetts Postal Inspection provider by phone at (888) 877-7644; by mail at U.S. Postal Inspection provider, workplace of Inspector General, Operations help Group, 222 S. Riverside Plaza, Suite 1250, Chicago, IL 60606-6100; or through the online issue form.
Extra information concerning this matter that ought to be delivered to the interest regarding the working office of the Comptroller associated with Currency (OCC) might be forwarded to
Workplace associated with the Comptroller regarding the Currency Special Supervision Division 400 7th St. SW, Suite 3E-218; MS 8E-12 Washington, DC 20219 Phone: (202) 649-6450 Fax: (571) 293-4925 www.occ.gov firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information regarding other styles of economic fraudulence, please go to the OCC’s anti-fraud resources web page.
Richard C. Stearns Director for Enforcement & Compliance