CURR ICUL UM VITAE
MarГa Lorena ZГЎrate
I happened to be created in La Plata, Argentina on 18, 1971 november. We learned History during the nationwide University of Los Angeles Plata and was user regarding the performing Group on artistic History.
Before joining the Habitat Global Coalition (HIC) in Mexico City, we struggled to obtain 7 years in Argentina as being user regarding the modifying and publishing group when it comes to Centre for Environmental Studies and Projects Foundation (FundaciГіn CEPA, Centro de Estudios y Proyectos del Ambiente), the Latin American Forum for Environmental Studies (Foro Latinoamericano de Ciencias Ambientales)-UNESCO seat on Sustainable Development, as well as the journal Environment (Revista Ambiente).
I have already been surviving in Mexico City since June 1999 and I also joined up with the HIC-Latin America (HIC-AL) local team in 2000, collaborating with Fomento Solidario de la Vivienda (FOSOVI) along with other businesses for the Mexico Habitat Coalition (CHM). I’ve been the Coordinator associated with HIC-Latin United states Regional workplace since 2003.
My language that is native is, we speak and compose English and French, and I also understand and read Portuguese.
Regional Workplace Coordination, HIC-Latin America
Main duties consist of:
- General administration, coordination and utilization of local and worldwide tasks underneath the auspices of varied donors, as well as drafting necessary reports;
- Organization, coordination and involvement in HIC local, nationwide and meetings that are international like the Board and General Assembly;
- Preparing, participation and followup of HIC regional, national and international occasions, particularly the World personal Forum, the Americas personal Forum, and also the World Urban Form;
- Organization of training activities for HIC and associated networks;
- Ongoing communication and help for regional HIC user companies in Latin America, plus in other areas (Spanish-, English-, French- and Portuguese-speaking users) to produce, implement, monitor and disseminate tasks and tasks in a cooperative way;
- Developing and strengthening of links along with other local, nationwide and networks that are international like the execution and diffusion of typical tasks, such as for instance promotions, activities, studies, and magazines;
- Composing center point electronic bulletins and articles for HIC regional and worldwide web sites;
- Coordination and modifying of local, national and international HIC publications, including involvement in French-Spanish, English-Spanish and Portuguese-Spanish translations.
Regional and Overseas Projects
Help towards the HIC-Latin American Regional Secretariat. Coordination of techniques, agendas, action plans for social motions, technical groups, grassroots companies, NGOs, and academics to advocate for policies in popular housing and habitat, utilizing the aim of enhancing housing conditions among low-income communities. Misereor, Germany, 2001-2003, 2004-2006, 2007-2009, and 2010-2012.
Individual legal rights connected to habitat in Meso-America. Project developed resistance approaches for regional companies and communities threatened by the Panama Arrange as well as the possibility for forced displacement and rights violations that are human. In coordination with Silvia Emanuelli (HIC-AL). Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, Germany, 2003-present.
Regional Venture on Ladies and Housing: Constructing Dignity. In coordination because of the Observatori DESC (Barcelona), HIC General Secretariat and HIC-Women and Habitat system for Latin America (Red Mujer y HГЎbitat). Supported by ACCD and DiputaciГі de Barcelona, Spain, 2007-2008.
The social manufacturing of habitat additionally the directly to housing also to the town in Latin America: Strategic instructions for HIC local action and advocacy . 12 businesses and 7 cities/countries (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Mexico and Uruguay) took part in this task, with preparation, evaluation and monitoring conferences in Caracas, Montevideo, Buenos Aires, and BogotГЎ. Supported by Oxfam-Novib, The Netherlands, 2005-2008.
Task to help advocacy procedures for policies linked to the social creation of habitat. Supported by the Swedish Cooperative Centre, Sweden, 2007.
Global task regarding the social creation of habitat: Conceptual development, instance studies, help instruments and policy advocacy that is public. The project included diverse HIC businesses and HIC figures in the centre East, Africa, Asia, European countries and Latin America. InWent, Germany, 2003-2005.
Regional project to bolster society that is civil the understanding of individual legal rights associated with habitat. 10 businesses and 5 cities/countries, including Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Mexico y Uruguay. Planning, evaluation and monitoring conferences in Buenos Aires, MГ©xico, and La Paz. Sustained by Oxfam-Novib, Holland, 2003-2005.
Г– Participated into the core team for the HIC evaluation that is institutional reviewed the dwelling regarding the coalition, including HIC-Latin America (June 2006-April 2007). Organization and participation in workshops at international and levels that are regional along with planning of industry visits http://www.hookupdate.net/eurodate-review. Taking part in developing terms of guide for assessment as well as in coordinating an element of the assessment documentвЂ™s final interpretation.
Г– Organization, coordination and followup of HIC internal conferences at local and national amounts in Latin America, along with leading to coalition that is global.
Г– Development, outreach and strengthening of links with businesses, motions and companies that work on habitat and housing problems regionally and internationally. Among other pursuits, this consists of general public notices, press outreach, general public occasions, promotions, document development, urgent action appeals, magazines and action-research.