CURR ICUL UM VITAE
MarГa Lorena ZГЎrate
I happened to be created in Los Angeles Plata, Argentina on November 18, 1971. We learned History during the nationwide University of Los Angeles Plata and ended up being user regarding the performing Group on artistic History.
Before joining the Habitat Global Coalition (HIC) in Mexico City, I struggled to obtain 7 years in Argentina as user for the modifying and publishing group when it comes to Centre for Environmental Studies and Projects Foundation (FundaciГіn CEPA, Centro de Estudios y Proyectos del Ambiente), the Latin American Forum for Environmental Studies (Foro Latinoamericano de Ciencias Ambientales)-UNESCO seat on Sustainable Development, plus the journal Environment (Revista Ambiente).
I’ve been located in Mexico City since June 1999 and I also joined up with the HIC-Latin America (HIC-AL) local group in 2000, collaborating with Fomento Solidario de la Vivienda (FOSOVI) along with other companies associated with Mexico Habitat Coalition (CHM). I’ve been the Coordinator for the HIC-Latin United states Regional workplace since 2003.
My language that is native is, we talk and compose English and French, and I also understand and read Portuguese.
Regional Workplace Coordination, HIC-Latin America
Main obligations consist of:
- General administration, coordination and utilization of local and worldwide tasks beneath the auspices of varied donors, along with drafting necessary reports;
- Organization, coordination and involvement in HIC local, nationwide and international conferences, like the Board and General Assembly;
- Preparing, involvement and followup of HIC regional, nationwide and worldwide activities, particularly the World personal Forum, the Americas personal Forum, plus the World Urban Form;
- Organization of training activities for HIC and associated companies;
- Ongoing communication and help for regional HIC user companies in Latin America, plus in other areas (Spanish-, English-, French- and Portuguese-speaking users) to produce, implement, monitor and disseminate tasks and tasks in a manner that is cooperative
- Developing and strengthening of links along with other local, national and worldwide sites, like the execution and diffusion of typical tasks, such as for instance campaigns, occasions, studies, and magazines;
- Writing center point electronic bulletins and articles for HIC regional and websites that are international
- Coordination and modifying of regional, nationwide and HIC that is international, including involvement in French-Spanish, English-Spanish and Portuguese-Spanish translations.
Regional and Overseas Projects
Help towards the HIC-Latin American Regional Secretariat. Coordination of techniques, agendas, action plans for social motions, technical groups, grassroots companies, NGOs, and academics to advocate for policies in popular housing and habitat, because of the aim of increasing housing conditions among low-income communities. Misereor, Germany, 2001-2003, 2004-2006, 2007-2009, and 2010-2012.
Peoples liberties connected to habitat in Meso-America. Project developed resistance techniques for neighborhood organizations and communities threatened by the Panama Arrange additionally the possibility for forced displacement and human being legal rights violations. In coordination with Silvia Emanuelli (HIC-AL). Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, Germany, 2003-present.
Regional Project on Ladies and Housing: Constructing Dignity. In coordination because of the Observatori DESC (Barcelona), HIC General Secretariat and HIC-Women and Habitat system for Latin America (Red Mujer y HГЎbitat). Sustained by ACCD and DiputaciГі de Barcelona, Spain, 2007-2008.
The social creation of habitat as well as the straight to housing also to the town in Latin America: Strategic instructions for HIC local action and advocacy . 12 organizations and 7 cities/countries (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Mexico and Uruguay) took part in this task, with preparation, evaluation and monitoring conferences in Caracas, Montevideo, Buenos Aires, and BogotГЎ. Sustained by Oxfam-Novib, Holland, 2005-2008.
Task to help advocacy procedures for policies associated with the social creation of habitat. Supported by the Swedish Cooperative Centre, Sweden, 2007.
Global project on the social creation of habitat: Conceptual development, situation studies, help instruments and general public policy advocacy. The project included HIC that is diverse and HIC figures at the center East, Africa, Asia, European countries and Latin America. InWent, Germany, 2003-2005.
Regional task to bolster civil culture for the understanding of individual legal rights associated with habitat. 10 companies and 5 cities/countries, including Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Mexico y Uruguay. Preparing, evaluation and monitoring conferences in Buenos Aires, MГ©xico, and Los Angeles Paz. Supported by Oxfam-Novib, Holland, 2003-2005.
Г– Participated into the core group for the HIC evaluation that is institutional evaluated the dwelling associated with coalition, including HIC-Latin America (June 2006-April 2007) www euro com. Organization and involvement in workshops at international and local levels, along with planning of field visits. Associated with developing terms of guide for evaluation plus in coordinating area of the assessment documentвЂ™s final interpretation.
Г– Organization, coordination and followup of HIC internal conferences at local and national amounts in Latin America, along with leading to coalition that is global.
Г– Development, outreach and strengthening of links with businesses, movements and systems that work on habitat and housing problems regionally and internationally. Among other pursuits, this consists of general public notices, press outreach, general public occasions, promotions, document development, urgent action appeals, magazines and action-research.